Regional Lean Expert
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 51 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine manufacturers.
We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Regional Lean Expert is a Lean Thinker and Lean Leader with a deep understanding of Lean Transformation. They will play a central role in developing the organisation into a Lean enterprise based upon GKN Aerospace's Lean Operating Model.
They will train, coach and influence Leadership Teams at their assigned sites, ensuring rigor and fidelity to the site's Lean Deployment Plan, developing the site's Lean competence to a level that makes it self-sufficient in the Lean Operating Model.
The Regional Lean Expert is responsible for developing Lean expertise within all of their allocated sites, ensuring that they have high performing Lean expertise, certified at the appropriate level, and that the Performance Centres become self-sufficient in running the Lean Operating Model.
The Regional Lean Expert is responsible for ensuring that the Lean Excellence Model Deployment is delivering the targeted KPI and Lean Maturity improvements across their allocated sites, including significant Conversion Cost improvements (targeting 6% year-on-year net improvement).
- Role modelling a culture that is aligned to the GKN Aerospace Great Place to Work value drivers and Culture Principles
- Exemplifying a safety-first mindset and ensuring that the GKN Aerospace Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards are applied across GKNA and that all locations are a model of a world class healthy and safe working environment
- Developing first-class leaders who are readily able to progress to the next level of leadership, when required, and who embody the GKNA culture principles
- Driving the disciplined and rigorous deployment of the Lean Operating Model (LOM) across all GKNA Performance Centres, with a particular focus on those sites deemed to be HID sites
- Coaching Site Leadership teams and Site Lean Deployment Leaders in their deployment of the Lean Excellence Model and the associated site improvements projects and Kaizen Events, in alignment with Hoshin Plans
- Ensuring alignment of internal and any appropriate external resources on the use of the GKN Aerospace Lean Operating Model, terminology and methodology
- Delivering significant improvement in People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cash and Cost (PSQDCC) targets, meeting customer and stakeholder commitments in their assigned sites, through the development of high Lean Maturity
- Actively sharing best practice sharing across site and regions, building knowledge and best practice networks both internally and externally, developing self as a thought leader in the field of Lean Thinking and Leadership
- Developing deep Lean Expertise across their assigned Performance Centres, ensuring that they become self-sufficient in running the Lean Operating Model, training and coaching to certification, at all levels of the Lean Learning Academy, ensuring that our people are fully certified in Lean Thinking at the appropriate level for their role
- Complying with all legal and regulatory requirements and ensuring that staff are aware of the policies and their individual responsibilities and accountabilities :
- The company's Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policies
- Compliance and Ethics Policy on Contracting with the United States Government in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government
- Export Control regulations
Candidates that are based in Europe or UK, who ideally speak Dutch, or are willing and open to learn Dutch as part of their on-boarding.
Should you have any questions?
Please contact Adam Nicklin, Regional Lean Deployment Leader via adam.nicklin gknaerospace.com or Brenda Wijnbelt, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner.
Interested to apply, respond and upload your English language CV via the GKN website!
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.