Physics | Optics Internship: 3D Geometrical Optics ABCD Model of Beam Path
ASML Sourcing and Supply Chain Graduate Acceleration Program
Location Veldhoven, Netherlands Degree Master Experience 0-2 years Team Sourcing & Supply Chain Job category Logistics & supply chain management Other technical job categories Other job categories Travel 10% Reference req47933
Are you almost or recently graduated on University or University of Applied Sciences level and do you want to become a supply chain specialist, leader, project manager or more a commercial role as tactical buyer?
This is your chance! The ASML Sourcing & Supply Chain Graduate Acceleration Program is a fantastic opportunity to kick-start your career.
Join our two-year development program at our headquarters in Veldhoven, The Netherlands, where we’ll provide you with the opportunity to learn about a broad range of our supply chain operations : from securing on-time delivery of materials, interacting with suppliers to ensure effective and efficient execution of the operational procurement activities, to optimizing inventory levels across our warehouses and reacting to customer demand.
Our newest machines comprise about 100,000 parts, and it takes four airplanes to transport them to our clients. As a result, supply chain at ASML requires creativity and boldness.
We plan four years ahead, while our bills of materials can change weekly. If you’re enthusiastic about solving issues before they become problems, join this Graduate Acceleration Program.
By joining our two-year development program, you will receive the ideal combination of learning’ and doing’ that will build the fundamentals needed for a career in supply chain.
You will gain specific ASML product and process knowledge and interact with other departments across the business and the world.
Our sourcing and supply chain colleagues are involved from start to finish across our value chain, managing an extensive supplier base, proactively contributing to business results with creative and collaborative solutions, and continuously improving our internal processes and way of working.
The program :
- You will work for two years in a position within our sourcing and supply chain department, such as a coordinator, project management officer, tactical buyer or analyst.
- The graduate program is similar to a traineeship but for most positions, you specialize in a specific field via a regular position instead doing job rotation across the company.
- 3 candidates per class will get the opportunity to rotate within three different departments. These candidates will be selected based on various criteria.
- You will participate in an intensive training and development program to accelerate your personal growth. The program consists of approximately 10 training days a year to develop your hard, soft and cultural skills.
- You will receive guidance from a personal mentor from the company as well as a professional coach from an external company to define your personal learning goals and drive your personal development.
Our department :
You will be part of our industry-leading sourcing and supply chain (strategic sourcing, procurement and supply chain management) organization, which includes over 1,200 people worldwide.
We are responsible for guaranteeing material availability at the right quality and cost to our factories and customers. We manage the complete chain from development and engineering, suppliers, customers and ASML factories, including purchasing, freight, transport and warehousing.
Our DNA contains customer focus, concurrent engineering and virtual integration, plus the ability to thrive in a volatile market, accelerate the supply chain and deliver creative solutions.
Some interesting facts about the ASML supply chain :
- Every hour that one of our systems is down costs the client a lot of money. Any break in material availability can have an unacceptable impact for our customers.
- We have a supplier base of 900+ suppliers.
- For each system, we manage around 100 supply chains going up to 10 tiers deep.
- We manage an inventory of around € billion.
You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in the field of supply chain management, operations management, logistics, industrial engineering with a focus on supply chain management.
For the tactical buying positions were are also open for (international) business, finance and hotel management or related studies.
You do not have more than six months of relevant working experience and you will graduate before the start of the program.
You have a maximum of six months of relevant working experience.
- You are hands-on, down-to-earth and pragmatic.
- You can handle push back.
- You would like to work in a multicultural environment comprising over 120 nationalities.
- You speak and write fluent English.
- You participated in extracurricular activities, such as serving as part of the board for a student association or did volunteer work.
Context of the position
We offer you
- A contract of one year at ASML, with the possibility of an indefinite contract after the first year
- A highly competitive compensation and benefits package which includes :
40 days paid leave
27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours)
- Training sessions to develop yourself professionally
- A safe environment to experiment with what you learn
- A close network with your fellow program participants